Micromax A88 Canvas Music is definitely an awesome choice for the music lovers. There are some flaws in the smartphone but if you know how to root Micromax A88, you’re definitely gonna overcome some of these flaws.
Why? This small beast comes up with 4.5 inch display with 480 x 854 pixels resolution, 5 megapixel primary, 0.3 megapixel secondary camera, 1 GHz dual core processor and Android 4.1.1 jelly bean on-board. You also get JBL headphones with this Android smartphone.
Let’s move on and see how to root Micromax A88 Canvas Music
Rooting Micromax A88 Canvas Music:
Before you start:
- Please take a full backup of SMS, contacts and other important files. Although nothing is wiped while rooting an android smartphone, I want you to be on the safer side.
- Neither the author nor the website owner is responsible for any damage that may cause by following the guide. I would definitely help you in every possible way.
- How much is your device charged? It is recommended that you charge your device to 75% or more.
- I’m sure you’re aware of the fact that rooting would remove the warranty of your Android smartphone. If the warranty is removed, you may not be able to get it back.
- Turn on USB debugging by going into the settings > manage applications > development > USB debugging.
- Drivers for Micromax A88 canvas Music
- Drivers (64-bit)
- Scatter file
- SP Flash Tool
- ClockworkMod recovery image
- SuperSU Flashable ZIP
Steps to root Micromax A88 Canvas Music:
- Download and install the drivers from the download section. Install the 64-bit drivers if your PC is running on 64-bit Windows.
- Turn off your Micromax A88 Canvas Music. Remove battery, SIM and SD card out of your phone.
- Download and start the SP Flash tool.
- Click on the button named Scatter Loading. Select the MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
- Make sure all the boxes, except RECOVERY, are unchecked. Refer to the screenshot at the end for help.
- Click on Recovery and select the recovery image you downloaded.
- Now click the Download button.
- Now connect your Micromax A88 Canvas Music and let the flashing complete.
- After the flashing is complete, disconnect the phone and replace the SIM, battery and SD card in the device.
- Turn the phone on and transfer the SuperSU Flashable ZIP in your phone’s internal memory.
- Turn it on in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button.
- Now go to Install ZIP from SD card and choose the Flashable ZIP you transferred to your phone. Let the flashing complete.
- After the flashing is complete, reboot your phone in Android system.
Congratulations. You’ve successfully rooted your Micromax A88 Canvas Music. You can now remove the unwanted system applications with the help of Titanium Backup. You can also confirm whether you’ve rooted successfully by using Root Checker.
Once you install this app, it will do its own magic and let you know whether the rooting was successful or not. If the rooting is found to be unsuccessful, I would recommend you to uninstall the drivers and install them again. The most probably cause of unsuccessful rooting is improper installation of Micromax A88 USB drivers.
If there is anything that you want from me, please put a comment below. Even if you’ve any problem in rooting your Micromax Canvas Music A88, simply comment below. I would definitely help you.