Looking for a comprehensive guide to root Micromax Canvas 3D A115? You’ve arrived at the right destination. Today, I’ll be explaining how to install custom recovery and root Micromax Canvas 3D A115 easily.
You know I’ve a habit of giving a quick overview about the specifications of the smartphone. Micromax Canvas 3D A115 is packed with 5 inch LCD display, 1 GHz dual core processor, Android 4.1.2 jelly bean on-board, 5 megapixel primary and 0.3 megapixel secondary camera. The device also features naked eye 3D display, 2000 mah battery and 512 MB RAM.
Enough talking about the specifications. It’s time to move ahead with a guide on how to install custom recovery and root Micromax Canvas 3D A115.
Rooting Micromax Canvas 3D A115:
Before You Start:
- I would recommend you to take full backup of any files that are present either in internal memory or in external memory. Generally, rooting and installing custom recovery on the device doesn’t wipe memory, but still be on the safer side and take a full backup.
- I hope you’re aware of this – Rooting voids warranty. So, if you root Micromax Canvas 3D A115, there won’t any warranty left for the device.
- Please ensure that your device has been charged to more than 75%.
- Please enable USB debugging by going into the settings > developer options.
- I’m not responsible for any damage that may cause due to this guide. I’ll definitely assist you if required.
Downloads for Installing Recovery on Micromax Canvas 3D:
Steps to Install Custom Recovery on Micromax Canvas 3D:
- Extract the contents of Stock Rom and SP Flash Tool on your computer.
- Also, download recovery image from the link given in download section above.
- Now, you need to copy this downloaded recovery in stock jelly bean ROM folder to replace the original.
- Start SP Flash tool and simply click on Scatter-loading and select MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt which you downloaded from above
- Now, uncheck all except for recovery.img
- Click on the download button. You’ll now see warning message, however you need to click on ignore.
- You may now observe a status bar below “searching”.
- Its time to connect your device to the computer using USB cable.
- Make sure your device is turned off and while you connect it to the computer, keep holding volume up button.
- Let it complete it’s process and you’ll now see a new window with green circle.
- This is to confirm that you’ve successfully flashed custom CWM recovery on your Micromax Canvas 3D A115.
Now, we have successfully flashed custom ClockWordMod recovery and we are ready to root the device. Simply download the materials that are given below.
Downloads for Rooting Micromax Canvas 3D A115:
Steps to Root Micromax Canvas 3D A115:
- Download and move the files of Chainfire Super SU to the SD card of your device.
- I would recommend you to keep it outside of any folder. If you want to keep it inside folder, create a new one with name AAA so that it remains on the top and would be easy for navigation.
- Switch off your Micromax Canvas 3D A115.
- Press and continue to hold volume up, volume down and power key till the time device is turned on.
- Now, press volume up key to continue your stay in CWM recovery.
- Select an option – Install from SD card.
- Navigate to the folder where you’ve placed the files and install SuperSU.zip.
- Go back to the main menu and select reboot system now.
Congratulations. You have now successfully rooted your Micromax Canvas 3D A115. You can confirm successful root by installing Root Checker app from Google Play Store. If you’ve any difficulties or problems in installing recovery or rooting your device, feel free to comment below.